Top 12 Project Management Software for Builders
Top 12 Project Management Software for Builders |
Updated on August 28th, 2023
Overwhelmed running your builders business? Still guesstimating job quotes? Lost track of all your paperwork and spreadsheets?
If this is you then you should seriously consider dedicated project management software for builders. This can help you plan, coordinate and control all aspects of your business, for a more streamlined, cost effective and productive operation.
The core features project management software typically have include quoting, estimating, scheduling, budget tracking, job costing, document sharing, time tracking and much more. Using this type of software can help you:
- Manage the costs of all your jobs
- Track budgets across multiple jobs
- Get real-time cost data
- Maximise visibility of project docs and goals for your team
- Standardised method of managing jobs helps streamline the project
Now let’s look at some of the most popular project management software and apps there for builders.
Top 12 Project Management Software for Builders
These are some of the leading project management software aimed at residential builders, contractors and trades in the construction sector.
Buildxact is popular with small builders and trades as it has been designed for small builders and trades, with ease-of-use a priority. Features for this cloud-based platform include quotes, estimating, scheduling, on-screen takeoffs, loading supplier price files from Excel, budget tracking, job costing, contractor/subcontractor management and more.
- BuilderTRENDBuildertrend is a cloud-based construction management system for builders and general contractors, with features that include project scheduling, project management, financial management, customer management and service management. It can be accessed online with a computer or mobile device and is also available via the dedicated Buildertrend app.
- StackJobber is a cloud-based project management software that is accessed via a mobile app or a desktop PC. It is not dedicated to builders but provides useful project management software tools such as an integrated CRM, real-time scheduling, expense tracking, invoice creation and billing, online booking, quoting and client reminders.
- JobberJobber is a cloud-based project management software that is accessed via a mobile app or a desktop PC. It is not dedicated to builders but provides useful project management software tools such as an integrated CRM, real-time scheduling, expense tracking, invoice creation and billing, online booking, quoting and client reminders.
- ConstructorConstructor is a local Aussie project management software solution that was developed by builders, for builders. It’s powerful set of fully integrated tools and features include sales, estimating/quoting, accounting, sales/CRM, payroll, scheduling and more.
- Beamsbuild.com.auBEAMS was developed 30 years ago by a builder who realised the need for an integrated building package. It has evolved into a fully integrated package with functionality that includes quotes, documents, scheduling, purchase orders and reports – all available anytime, on any device.
- CoConstructCoConstruct is all-in-one construction company software for home building and remodeling teams ready to take their business to the next level. Key features include the ability to track projects from start to finish, simplified project management, seamless communication, scheduling, streamlined financials and much more.
- Workbench CentralNeed to make more informed business decisions? Workbench helps you achieve this by eliminating time consuming manual processes, with comprehensive standard and custom reporting, a mobile site diary, and contract management allowing you to track actuals vs budget as well as manage variations. It also integrates with our existing accounting software.
- BuildersoftBuildersoft is an estimating tool built around Cubit Estimating software, which gives you complete control and flexibility over your estimating, including pinpoint accurate on-screen takeoff incorporating quantities, template price lists, jobs as the source for new estimates – and more. Suitable for a wide range of trades including quantity surveyors, builders, contractors and subies.
- Trade TrackTrade Trak is a comprehensive job and business management app built by tradies for tradies. Features include custom, itemised quotes and record your customer’s signature of approval, professional invoicing, and the ability to take payments via credit card, EFTPOS, cash, cheque, bank transfer, Stripe or QuickaPay.
- SoloAssistAn estimating, quoting and job management software package aimed at builders, contractors and suppliers. It comes with pre-built templates, which can be customised to suit your own business requirements. Features include job specifications (prime costs, provisional sums), Purchase, Work Orders, Quote Requests, Progress Payments (sales invoices), Cost Control (profit & loss) and integration with accounting software like MYOB, and Xero.
Unlocking the Power of Software for Builders
Navigating the complexities of the building industry is no small feat. From managing multiple projects to coordinating with subcontractors and ensuring compliance with regulations, builders have their hands full. But what if I told you there’s a smarter, more streamlined way to handle all these tasks? Yes, you guessed it: software for builders.
Why builders need software to scale their business
Imagine trying to construct a building with just a hammer and nails, leaving aside modern machinery like cranes and bulldozers. Sounds inefficient, doesn’t it? That’s what you’re essentially doing when you run your building business without specialised software. Just like how a crane can make your construction process ten times faster, software for builders can revolutionise how you manage your projects.
Efficiency and Productivity
Software for builders is designed to maximise efficiency by streamlining various aspects of project management. Imagine having all your blueprints, schedules, and subcontractor communications in one centralised hub. Now, how much time would that save?
Mistakes and delays are costly. Specialised software helps in identifying risks before they become full-blown problems. Not only does this save you from expensive corrective actions, but it also keeps your project on schedule.
Compliance and Quality
Maintaining a high standard of quality while also adhering to industry regulations is a significant challenge. Software for builders usually has features that help you stay compliant without having to go through mountains of paperwork.
What to look for: Project Management Software for Builders
Let’s get practical. When choosing software for builders, you want to ensure that it meets specific criteria that align with your business needs. So what should you keep an eye out for?
If the software is too complex, you’ll spend more time figuring out how to use it than actually benefiting from it. Always opt for software that has an intuitive user interface.
Is the software widely recognized and used in the industry? Going for a reputable option ensures you’re investing in a tried-and-true solution.
Investing in software for builders is just that—an investment. Weigh the initial and ongoing costs against the projected ROI.
Can the software blend seamlessly with your existing systems? The last thing you want is software that operates in a silo.
Technical Support and Training
Customer support is invaluable, especially when you run into unexpected issues. Also, find out if the provider offers training sessions for your team.
Mobile Access and Cloud-Based Solutions
Being able to access the software while you’re out in the field is a massive plus. Also, consider whether a cloud-based solution, which allows for easier updates and scalability, is important for you.
Builders Business Blackbelt can you use your software more effectively
In a world that’s constantly evolving, staying ahead of the curve is vital for any business. Software for builders is not just a tool; it’s your competitive edge in a challenging marketplace. So why wait? Start exploring your options now and take the first step toward a smarter, more efficient building business with our builders business coach.
FAQs on Software for Builders
Is software for builders only for large companies?
No, various software solutions cater to different sizes of businesses, from freelancers to large corporations.
Is specialised software necessary? Can’t general project management software work?
While general project management software can handle basic tasks, specialised software for builders offers features tailored for the construction industry.
What if I’m not tech-savvy?
Many software for builders options are designed to be user-friendly, and providers often offer training.
Are these software solutions secure?
Reputable software options prioritise security to protect your business data and client information.
Can I get a customised software solution?
Some providers offer customisable solutions to meet your specific needs, though this often comes at a higher cost.